Square Register App Update
Mobile credit card processing company, Square, has just updated their mobile app for the iPhone and iPad. The updates to the app will help you speed through the checkout process and make it a little easier.
For the iPad version, people can attach a customers name to their order, as well as customize their order. For example, if someone has a specific order for their food you can make a note like “No ranch”. Also, you now get the ability to connect an external barcode scanner via Bluetooth for retail stores.
For the iPhone you get the ability to make a custom tip and a new design and look.
New on iPhone:
- Item library: Add items to a sale with a tap. Build your item library to simplify and speed up checkout. Customize items with photos, names, and prices.
- Smarter payment pad: Add multiple custom amounts to a sale, add notes to each amount, and view or edit all amounts in one place before charging.
- Custom Tipping: Allow customers to enter custom tip amounts.
- New look: Ring up customers and edit settings more easily than ever with an all-new design.
New on iPad:
- Easy order modifiers: Customize orders at the counter and send them to your kitchen while your line keeps moving.
- Customizable kitchen tickets: Include a custom name or number on each kitchen ticket.
- Barcode scanning: Sync your Bluetooth barcode scanner with Square Register to speed up your checkout.
You can download or update the app for free from the App Store here.