How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1
Many people want to Jailbreak to access great features on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. When you want to do this, there are 3 ways you can do it. Watch a video, read an article, or Jailbreak blind and hope for the best. We recommend reading an article or watching a video. If you are the type of person who likes to watch a video you can watch Mark Jailbreak his iPod Touch here. In this article we will show you how to Jailbreak iOS 6.x using EvasiOn.
1. Check to make sure your device is on iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, or 6.1. You can check this by going to settings > general > about.
2. Download the correct software for your computer. We have direct download links here.
3. Open and install the software on your computer. Open the file that has the EvasiOn logo.
4. It will then tell you to connect your iOS device. We recommend that you backup your device to iTunes prior to Jailbreaking. It’s also a good idea to reset your device to factory setting so the Jailbreak process will be faster. Note: You need to disable the passcode on your device before you Jailbreak.
5. Plug in the device and click the Jailbreak button. It is important that you do not touch your computer or device while this process is happening.
6. Towards the end of the Jailbreak process you will see that the box will tell you to do a certain step. Follow these instructions very carefully: You need to unlock your device and look for the Jailbreak logo. Tap the icon ONCE. It is very important that you do this only once. After you click the icon, it will take you back to the home screen. This is not a bug. It is meant to do this.
7. After it says that it is fine to unplug, you need to open Cydia. It will load the files and your device will reboot. After this, go back into Cydia and select that you are a user.
Congradulations! You are officially Jailbroken! If you have any question be sure to leave a comment in the linked video above, or email us your question.