Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1
Apple has today released OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 to the public. This release comes one month and one day after the first beta seed, which lasted 3 beta seeds long. A few weeks ago they seeded it the AppleCare employees, which was a sign that it was coming to the public soon.
This update includes improved support for Gmail in the OS X Mail app, more Mail app fixes, and a fixed issue when using VoiceOver and emoji.
This update includes the following fixes:
- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
- Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
If you are on OS X Mavericks right now you can update under Mac App Store > Updates > Software Update > OS X Update 10.9.1. If you are not on OS X Mavericks you can download it for the first time in the Mac App Store for free by searching “Mavericks”.