Apple Releases iOS 8.0.1
Apple has just released iOS 8.0.1. This version includes some improvements to HealthKit, improvements to third-party keyboards, SMS fixes, updates to the Photos app, and more.
- Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
- Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
- Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
- Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
- Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
- Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari
However, many people that are on an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus are having issues. They’re having issues connecting to their cellular networks, as well as Touch ID not working at all. Unfortunately, there is no solution for this. As of right now Apple has pulled 8.0.1 from the Developer Center and said that they are busing trying to fix the issues.
The good news is that if you’re on an iPhone 4S, 5, 5c, or 5s everything is working good. If you still want to you can update within Settings > General > Software Update > iOS 8.0.1.